Sunday 7 November 2010

Do You Love Blackbirds?

I was reading an interesting article which asked "Why is the blackbird associated with evil and ill omens?"

Blackbird
Why are birds with black plumage the subject of so many unpleasant stories and superstitions all over the world?

The only conclusion that I can come to is because a lot of these black colored birds are clever enough to out smart people. Crows, Grackles, and Starlings are very intelligent birds and tend to work together in family groups to get what they want and what they want is a lot of food generally.

You can read the article here at Wild Birds Unlimited

Personally I love blackbirds.  I think the males look very handsome with their black feathers and orange beak and eyes.

When I am in my garden feeding the wild birds, the first bird to come and eat is normally the blackbird.  He usually hovers nearby as I am putting the food out and begins eating before I go indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment